This one-day seminar will allow participants access the latest information on the use of pest and disease modelling software in integrated pest management.
In addition, new dosing and spray application methods, including local research results on the subject will be discussed.
Talks will be presented by international and local experts:
- Marc Trapman – An independent consultant and the programme developer of RIMpro, who is based in the Netherlands.
- Dr Peter Triloff – A researcher from the Marktgemeinschaft Bodenseeobst, Friedrichshafen, Germany, who is involved in research and extension on integrated and organic fruit production.
- Bekker Wessels – A ProCrop technical advisor that specialises in spray application research.
- Niel Hopkins – A Viking agrochemical agent with practical experience in the use of the scab module of RIMpro.
- Dr Gideon van Zyl – A ProCrop crop protection consultant who is involved in local spray application research.
For more information about RIMpro read this article in our latest Fresh Quarterly – Issue Five. [ View PDF ]
DATES AND VENUES
- 13 August 2019 – Elgin:
Elgin Fruitgrowers (hall),
- 14 August 2019 – Ceres:
Ceres Fruit Growers Lesingsaal (Bedryfskantore),
3 Bon Chretien Road,
- 15 August 2019 – Langkloof:
Misgund church hall,
COST: R750 vat incl.
|08:30 – 09:00||Registration|
|09:00 – 09:30||RIMpro: Brief overview of this pest and disease forecasting platform with special emphasis on apple scab, codling moth, and chemical thinning of apples.||Marc Trapman|
|09:30 – 9:50||Practical experience with RIMpro in South Africa – codling moth and apple fruit thinning.||Bekker Wessels|
|9:50 -10:10||Practical experience with RIMpro in South Africa – apple scab.||Neil Hopkins|
|TEA AND COFFEE|
|10:30 -11:00||Canopy adapted dosing and spray application – environment protection in crop protection.||Dr Peter Trilof|
|11:00 – 11:30||Canopy adapted dosing and spray application – research findings in high density SA apple orchards.||Dr Gideon van Zyl|
|11:30 – 12:00||Latest trends in spray application. Feedback from: 15th Workshop on Spray Application and Precision Technology in Fruit Growing, East Malling, United Kingdom, 16 – 18 July 2019.||Dr Gideon van Zyl and
Dr Peter Trilof